Tuesday 25 September 2007

Why I chose to have balloons.


I'm 1 year older. I have entered my thirties and I am of opinion that the best is yet to come. I received a beautiful wish from someone I 'met' recently. She is blessed with remarkable wisdom and has an amazing gift for writing prose and poetry. She wrote: "I hope they (30's) are a time of great settling into yourself and of great discovery. "

'...time of great settling into yourself
.' These words have such a deep and profound meaning for me. It dawned on me that many people squander their time wishing they were younger when 'settling into yourself and discovery' comes with age. Nothing about stagnating appeals to me. A part of life is about growing wiser. Nothing less. And if it means I have to put up with a few more wrinkles every year, then so be it. No one likes to see their appearance change, however, it is the condition of your thoughts and the purity of your heart that are essential. It made me think about this little story I read a while ago by Dr. Phil McGraw.

'On one particular occasion, I remember a boy to whom I gave a balloon. Unlike the other little guys who territorially clutched the strings of their balloons, this fella looked up at me and asked, "If I let go of my balloon, will it go up real high?" Moved by his question, I knelt down and responded, "Sure it will, son. It's what's inside your balloon that makes it go up real high.'

That is why I chose balloons.


Patriots!

Kurt enjoying a 'boerewors' roll.

Angela, sorry hun! I caught you off guard there!

Rodger (please note that this is the CEO of my hubby's company mowing OUR lawn.) We've got it sorted!

Claire! Always gorgeous. Always smiling.

Claire, myself and Kels!

Brad having a sleep on my couch at my party!

Kels, Fi, and Donna!

Standing around the braai (ok, BBQ). There are a two people missing here. Jess and Noah, pity you couldn't make it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gostei muito desse post e seu blog é muito interessante, vou passar por aqui sempre =) Depois dá uma passada lá no meu site, que é sobre o CresceNet, espero que goste. O endereço dele é http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . Um abraço.

Growth - Ferrucci (1982)

"Growth is understanding what we have not yet been able to conceive; feeling what we have never felt before; doing what we have never done before. It is daring what we have never dared. It may not, therefore, necessarily be pleasurable. It obliges is to leave our comfort zone, to progress into the unknown, to face the tremendous inpact of the Self."